Saturday, April 3, 2010

Brittany got BRACES!

Yes it's true!! I got them on April Fools Day. Perfect timing! Here is the before shot....





And the after shot.









First they brushed my teeth with this really gritty toothpaste:








Then they put a bunch of plastic things that kept my lips apart in my mouth. Those were a BIT uncomfortable ;)





Then they glued in all the metal and wired me all up! I chose purple and blue bands.



They also gave me a huge bag full of stuff!! I got a Chamberlain Orthodontics shirt, a really expensive electronic toothbrush with lotsa gadgets, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, and a cute purple travel pouch with another toothbrush, ortho wax, etc. All for free! Whee!


They don't hurt very much anymore, but Tylenol and ortho wax definitely helps when they do!

I will get them adjusted in around 6 weeks, May 19, which just so happens to be my birthday. Happy birthday to me. I will get the bottom braces on in 6 months so some of the teeth that were pulled last year can finish growing in. I will be getting them off in 16-18 months.


Heres to my new smile!!!

No comments: