Monday, March 9, 2009

A Day of Peace and Rest

That was all I wanted. Just a day of peace and rest with no noise, that's what Sunday's are for, RIGHT?
Paul left on Saturday morning, first thing, to the airport. He was on his way to Florida to his company cruz out of Miami to the Virgin Islands. Yes, he went by himself. Only employee's were allowed to go as it was a "Training Meeting", yeah, right.
Saturday went alright without him.
Sunday morning came early, but we got to church just fine for our 9 am meetings. Lunch after church was going well...then...the noise started, the teasing got worse. Then my headache became very real.
I tryed to hang out with the kids and started to play the game of "Life" with them, despite all the noise and lack of playing that was going on by the little ones. I hung in there until I got married and had to pay off my collage loans, I was a doctor after all, the best paid. But I just didn't care, my head hurt from the noise of happy, loud children.
I told Brittany..."I can't handle this anymore, I have to take my nap." (she was the one that got the game out and wanted everyone to play)
So I tryed to take a nap...but the noise, the loud laughing that was way to loud, the screaming that was unnecessary. The fighting, or "fake fighting" was getting out of control.
Out I stormed from my room and declared it was "QUITE TIME". All I wanted was some Peace and Rest. Find a movie, watch it and BE QUITE!
To my surprise, it did quite down, and I was able to fall asleep.
Once my nap was over, I came out of my room, it was very quite. Too quite. Where were the children. Did I scare them all away? Did they leave to find a nicer mom? I walked all over the house, until I got to the door of the girls room. On the door was a sign. It made me cry.




As I put my ear to the door, I could hear Brittany reading a book on baptism with soft music playing in the background. Once I walked into the girls room, I saw white sheets hanging from the ceiling so that all you could see was white. Then the girls had on white t-shirts. There was white stuffed animals all around, with Scriptures for everyone. I sat down and was welcomed into the "Sunday Spirit" room. There was a feeling of peace and love. Thank you girls. I love you both so very much.

2 comments:

Victor and Annette said...

Hey Happy Birthday Heidi... Hope you had a good day! And I have to say you have the sweetest girls ever... you have raised them right, way to go.

Aimee said...

You have the most awesome daughters. Those girls are something special!