Thursday, June 26, 2008

Girls Camp or Bust!

This morning started at 5:30 am for Brittany. She couldn't sleep, she was so excited about going to girls camp. Camp is up in the cool pines just north of Strawberry. It's called Camp LoMia. Brittany will be a "Baby Beehive", as they call it. Her first year at camp will be so fun.
We met at the stake center to put gear under the charter bus. Then inside to sing camp songs and get ready to load the bus for the 2 hour drive. Brittany found a seat with Heather Layton with Alyssa Pike right across the way. Everyone had on there big smiles and lots of energy.

 
Posted by Picasa


Every year they have different theme for camp. This year it is "Oh The Places You'll Go". (By Dr. Seuss) Each ward was given a book as there ward theme, ours is "Oh The Thinks You Can Think". With "Green" as there color. They all have matching p.j. bottoms and shirts. Nine girls and two leaders will be in the "addie" they will be sleeping in. Oh...the memories are flowing in of when I went up as a leader. Brittany will have the best time, I just know it.

5 comments:

silvergirl said...

How fun! Those girls are growing up so fast.

Jenni said...

It WAS really fun even though I (Heather) had a really bad cold...

crazycool Steenhoeks said...

yeah, it was pretty awesome, huh heder?
luv, burtnay

crazycool Steenhoeks said...

we are very much slacking on our blogging, but don't worry friends of blogging, we will soon post many many things.
Thank you for your flexability,
Staff of Steenhoeks

Victor and Annette said...

Hey... It's me Annette... I love this blogging thing. I found Steves blog which led to you. I am so excited to see how grown up your family is getting. I miss you all so much. What Brittany went to girls camp. That is impossible. I am excited for you to meet my family thourgh our blog. Life is good. Email me. ajewkesbox@yahoo.com

I sure miss you all and love you so much.