Monday, April 14, 2008

Brandon did it again!



Brandon was pulled out of class on Thursday (4-10) by the choir teacher Mr. Hebert, and was asked to try out for the "Jazztecs" choir. This choir is only for the top singers in the A cappela, the top choir of the whole school. (so this is the best of the best)

Brandon had to sing a song off the top of his head, which was, "I'll Be". (In Brandon's words..."I nailed it".)

Next he sang six notes in a row, after Mr. Hebert played it on the piano. Then 7 notes, 8 notes. Mr Hebert next played a cord and Brandon had to sing alto, bass, tenor or soprano. The last thing he had to do, sight read. Again, in Brandon's words, "I owned".
Today (Monday 4-14) the list was posted on Mr. Heberts door of who made the Jazztecs. And,
Yes, Brandon Steenhoek's name was on the list. Way to go Brando!

2 comments:

R.G. said...

Hurray for Brandon! I'll now be looking for more solos in church:>.

Aimee said...

Awesome!! Good for you, Brandon. You ROCK! I can't say I'm surprised, because you have a great voice, but that is still so exciting. Good job!